February 6, 2017
The College is very proud of the one hundred and seventy four Year 12 students and fourteen Year 11 students who sat the HSC in 2016.
There were many outstanding results attained by the class of 2016. The below summary illustrates just a few highlights:
- College Dux for 2016 is Dominic Spicer who received an ATAR of 99.25. Christian Sassin is Proxime Accessit with an ATAR of 98.75 and George Srour placed third with an ATAR of 98.55.
- One hundred and seventy four Year 12 students sat the HSC in 2016 plus fourteen Year 11 students accelerated in HSC Mathematics. Sixty eight students made the Distinguished Achievers List one hundred and fifty three times, having attained marks of 90% or more in various courses.
- Dominic Spicer was placed on the State’s All-Rounders List, having placed on the Distinguished Achievers List for courses totaling 10 or more units:
- Three students made the Top Achievers List
- Patrick Calavassy, 7th Construction Exam
- Luke Salamone, 5th Italian Extension
- Christian Sassin, 7th Studies of Religion II
- In 29 out of 31 (93.5%) courses examined, the College examination average was above that of the State examination average. Thirteen courses had a school vs State variation greater than five. For example, courses with a College candidature greater or equal to five and a school vs State variation greater than five.
- There were twenty courses where the percentage of students with a mark of 90% or above, i.e., Band 6 or E4, was greater than that of the State.